Here is a delicious and very easy potato recipe you will definitely want to add to your home cooking repertoire.
Preheat your oven to 400F.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Large pot of water.
Rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2 lbs of baby potatoes. For this recipes I used yellow ones.
A coffee mug or small drinking glass.
- Parboil the potatoes for around 5 minutes.
- After draining the potatoes place them on the parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Parchment paper helps to reduce clean up time, and using a rimmed baking sheet is a must because you definitely don’t want any your delicious potatoes rolling off the tray.
- Bake the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes in a 400F oven. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl combine 4-5 tablespoons of each of your favourite balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Using the bottom of a small drinking glass or coffee mug gently smash each potato.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350F.
- Using a basting brush gently and thoroughly brush each potato with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixture.
- Return the potatoes to oven and let cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!